Publishing in Color has only one objective: increase the number of books published by spiritual writers of color. This includes groups such as African Americans, Asian Americans, Latinx Americans, and Native Americans, who have been under-represented in terms of the number of published books. We seek to achieve this objective in two ways: (1) Publishing in Color conferences, and (2) a TON of free resources for spiritual writers at Writing for Your Life.
The goals of these conferences are to:
- Foster relationships between spiritual writers of color and representatives of spiritual book publishing companies and spiritual magazines
- Provide networking and educational opportunities so that prospective writers can learn more about how to work with these publishers and magazines
- Result in an increased number of books and articles published by writers of color
Many book deals, literary agent relationships, devotionals, book contributions, magazine essays, and more have resulted from Publishing in Color conferences.
People of color have important stories to tell that shape the great American narrative. Heroic struggles for justice; incredible contributions to technology, science and the arts; remarkable resistance and resilience are hallmarks of these stories.
Check out this video, where one of our conference alums describes how a Publishing in Color conference helped her land a three book deal! Several books deals, literary agent signings, and magazine articles have already resulted from our conferences. You deserve to have a chance!
Currently in progress:
- “Second Tuesdays Writer Discussion Groups” are free monthly interactive discussions with some of our author friends, on the Second Tuesday of each month. Each month has a different topic for discussion.
- Book launch interviews featuring many of our author partners and emerging authors.
Registration Now Open!!!
- The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – Online Course – Nov. 1-4, 2021 – online
Save the Dates!!!
- Publishing in Color Fall 2021 Online Conference – Sept. 13-17, 2021
- Christian Children’s Book Fall 2021 Online Conference – Oct. 18-22, 2021
- Writing for Your Life Fall 2021 Online Conference – Nov. 8-12, 2021
- In 2022 we plan to hold both in-person and online conferences!
To be notified about future Publishing in Color conferences please subscribe to the Publishing in Color email newsletter: https://publishingincolor.com/subscribe/
Here is a list of the past conferences we’ve produced or co-produced.
Publishing in Color has established a scholarship fund that will pay for selected individuals to attend a future Publishing in Color conference at no charge. The fund is currently accepting donations, and profits from the Publishing in Color conferences will be donated to this fund or directly to sponsorships for future Publishing in Color conferences. All scholarships for upcoming conferences have now been allocated.
The Publishing in Color conference series is part of Writing for Your Life, a resource center for all spiritual writers. We also produce Writing for Your Life conferences, which feature more authors than Publishing in Color conferences and are more focused on the art and craft of writing, and less on getting published. Learn more about Writing for Your Life here. To be notified about future Writing for Your Life conferences please subscribe to the Writing for Your Life email newsletter: https://writingforyourlife.com/subscribe/