We are excited to offer you several opportunities:
- Q&R group discussions after each presentation – attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions after each presentation (via Zoom). These meetings are a rare chance to ask informal questions of someone heavily engaged in the publishing world.
- 1-on-1 meetings – After you register for the conference you will have the opportunity to sign up for 1-on-1 virtual meetings with a variety of publishing industry experts and authors. (These meetings are $10 each; Separate registration required; Sign up is available after you register for the conference.) Learn more here.
- Submit Your Pitch! – during the conference, or within two months afterword, submit your book proposal or pitch to the conference’s agent or editor speakers (by email)
- Networking Lunch Breaks – an unmoderated, informal time for you to chat with other conference attendees
- What Do You Need As A Writer? – this informal conversation is an opportunity for you to share and discuss the most important kinds of support you need as a writer
- Open mic session – attendees will have the opportunity to present a short excerpt of their writing to other conference attendees. Each speaker will have 5 minutes, including their introduction and reading. Don’t miss this important, but optional, opportunity to gain experience reading your work, and to support your fellow writers! Each speaker will be limited to 5 minutes. Sign up will be available at some point after you register for the conference – first-come, first-served. (via Zoom)
- Elevator pitch practice session – attendees will have the opportunity to practice giving their elevator pitch and receive feedback. So get ready to deliver a 30-second description of your book, who it is intended for, what it has to offer readers, and why you are the right person to write it. (via Zoom; no sign-up required)
- Attendee contact info will be provided to the participating industry representatives
- AuthorConnect – attendees will enjoy access to the new AuthorConnect online networking platform for spiritual writers
- “How to Heal Our Divides” book introduction – this new book lifts up and builds awareness of organizations that are taking real action to heal serious divides – particularly racial and political divides. The book is not an attempt at glossing them over or “making happy” but instead highlights tangible efforts that are actually decreasing divides in practical ways.
return to main conference page