Publishing in Color is a series of conferences for groups of spiritual writers who are currently under-represented in terms of the number of books published. These include African Americans, Asian Americans, Latino/a Americans, and Native Americans. The goals of these conferences are to:
- Foster relationships between under-represented groups of prospective spiritual writers and representatives of spiritual book publishing companies and spiritual magazines
- Provide networking and educational opportunities so that prospective writers can learn more about how to work with these publishers and magazines
- Result in an increased number of books and articles published by under-represented groups
People of color have important stories to tell that shape the great American narrative. Heroic struggles for justice; incredible contributions to technology, science and the arts; remarkable resistance and resilience are hallmarks of these stories.
Registration Now Open!!!
- Nov. 8-9, 2018 – Elmhurst, IL (Chicago area) – featuring Joyce Dinkins (Our Daily Bread Ministries), Cheryl Price (Urban Ministries), Dominique Gilliard, Sharon Koenig, and Ed Gilbreath. Over 20 representatives from a wide variety of book and magazine publishers, literary agents, and marketing companies will present and meet with writers. They are all looking for new writers of color! Learn more and register here.
Save the Dates!!!
- March 25-27, 2019 – Los Angeles, CA – featuring Mako Fujimura, Natasha Sistrunk Robinson, and Sharon Koenig – at the University of Southern California
- June 12-14, 2019 – Madison, NJ – at Drew University Theological School
To be notified about future Publishing in Color conferences please subscribe to the Publishing in Color email newsletter: https://publishingincolor.com/subscribe/
Publishing in Color has established a scholarship fund that will pay for selected individuals to attend a future Publishing in Color conference at no charge. The fund is currently accepting donations, and profits from the Publishing in Color conferences will be donated to this fund or directly to sponsorships for future Publishing in Color conferences.
The Publishing in Color conference series is sponsored by Writing for Your Life. We also produce Writing for Your Life conferences, which feature more authors than Publishing in Color conferences and are more focused on the art and craft of writing, and less on getting published. Learn more about Writing for Your Life here. To be notified about future Writing for Your Life conferences please subscribe to the Writing for Your Life email newsletter: https://writingforyourlife.com/subscribe/