Publishing in Color is a series of conferences for groups of spiritual writers who are currently under-represented in terms of the number of books published. These include African Americans, Asian Americans, Latinx Americans, and Native Americans. The goals of these conferences are to:
- Foster relationships between under-represented groups of prospective spiritual writers and representatives of spiritual book publishing companies and spiritual magazines
- Provide networking and educational opportunities so that prospective writers can learn more about how to work with these publishers and magazines
- Result in an increased number of books and articles published by under-represented groups
People of color have important stories to tell that shape the great American narrative. Heroic struggles for justice; incredible contributions to technology, science and the arts; remarkable resistance and resilience are hallmarks of these stories.
Check out this video, where one of our conference alums describes how a Publishing in Color conference helped her land a three book deal!
Registration Now Open!!!
- March 25-27, 2019 – Los Angeles, CA– featuring Mako Fujimura, Natasha Sistrunk Robinson, Kaitlin Curtice, and Joyce Dinkins – at the University of Southern California – Click here to learn more and register
- June 12-14, 2019 – Madison, NJ – featuring Sophfronia Scott, Rodrigo Colon, Kathy Khang, and Karen Valentin at Drew University Theological School – Click here to learn more and register
To be notified about future Publishing in Color conferences please subscribe to the Publishing in Color email newsletter: https://publishingincolor.com/subscribe/
Publishing in Color has established a scholarship fund that will pay for selected individuals to attend a future Publishing in Color conference at no charge. The fund is currently accepting donations, and profits from the Publishing in Color conferences will be donated to this fund or directly to sponsorships for future Publishing in Color conferences.
A limited number of scholarships are now available, so that selected individuals can attend the next Publishing in Color conference for free. These scholarships cover the cost of the conference but not other expenses such as travel or lodging. If you would like to apply for a scholarship you may do so here.
The Publishing in Color conference series is sponsored by Writing for Your Life. We also produce Writing for Your Life conferences, which feature more authors than Publishing in Color conferences and are more focused on the art and craft of writing, and less on getting published. Learn more about Writing for Your Life here. To be notified about future Writing for Your Life conferences please subscribe to the Writing for Your Life email newsletter: https://writingforyourlife.com/subscribe/