Publishing in Color is a series of conferences for under-represented groups of spiritual authors such as African Americans, Asian Americans, Latino/a Americans, and Native Americans. The goals of these conferences are to:
- Foster relationships between under-represented groups of prospective spiritual authors and representatives of spiritual book publishing companies and spiritual magazines
- Provide networking and educational opportunities so that prospective authors can learn more about how to work with these publishers and magazines
- Result in an increased number of books and articles published by under-represented groups
People of color have important stories to tell that shape the great American narrative. Heroic struggles for justice; incredible contributions to technology, science and the arts; remarkable resistance and resilience are hallmarks of these stories.
Save the Dates!!!
- Nov. 8-9, 2018 – Elmhurst, IL (Chicago area) – featuring Dominique Gilliard, Sharon Koenig, Joyce Dinkins, Cheryl Price, and Ed Gilbreath – at the Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church
- March 25-27, 2019 – Los Angeles, CA – featuring Mako Fujimura, Natasha Robinson, and Sharon Koenig – at the University of Southern California
- June 12-14, 2019 – Madison, NJ – at Drew University Theological School
- Nov. 6-8, 2018 – Elmhurst, IL (Chicago area) – featuring Michael Maudlin and Lauren Winner – at the Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church – registration now open
- March 12-14, 2019 – Indianapolis, IN – featuring Barbara Brown Taylor and John Pavlovitz – at the Christian Theological Seminary
- March 27-29, 2019 – Los Angeles, CA – at the University of Southern California
- May 21-23, 2019 – Holland, MI – featuring Mako Fujimura and Tish Harrison Warren – at the Western Theological Seminary
- June 10-12, 2019 – Madison, NJ – featuring Barbara Brown Taylor – at Drew University Theological School
The first Publishing in Color conference served prospective African American authors and others of African descent. It took place June 19-20, 2018 at the New Brunswick Theological Seminary (NBTS) in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Publishing in Color has established a scholarship fund that will pay for selected individuals to attend a future Publishing in Color conference at no charge. The fund is currently accepting donations, and profits from the Publishing in Color conferences will be donated to this fund or directly to sponsorships for future Publishing in Color conferences.
The Publishing in Color conference series is sponsored by Writing for Your Life. To learn about future conferences please subscribe to the Writing for Your Life email newsletter: https://writingforyourlife.com/subscribe/