Publishing in Color has only one objective: increase the number of books published by spiritual writers of color. This includes, but is not limited to, African Americans, Asian Americans, Latinx Americans, and Native Americans, who are currently under-represented in terms of the number of published books. We seek to achieve this objective in two ways: (1) Publishing in Color conferences, and (2) a TON of free resources for spiritual writers at Writing for Your Life.
The goals of these conferences are to:
- Foster relationships between spiritual writers of color and representatives of spiritual book publishing companies and spiritual magazines
- Provide networking and educational opportunities so that prospective writers can learn more about how to work with these publishers and magazines
- Result in an increased number of books and articles published by writers of color
People of color have important stories to tell that shape the great American narrative. Heroic struggles for justice; incredible contributions to technology, science and the arts; remarkable resistance and resilience are hallmarks of these stories.
Check out this video, where one of our conference alums describes how a Publishing in Color conference helped her land a three book deal! Several books deals, literary agent signings, and magazine articles have already resulted from our conferences. You deserve to have a chance!
Currently in progress:
- “Reading Hope in Trying Times” a free daily video interview series, featuring some of our author partners, each sharing their thoughts on where we are, discussing how God has helped them through challenging times, and suggesting books that might be helpful during the trying times we currently face.
- “First Fridays” are free monthly author interviews that deal with business aspects of being a spiritual writer, on the First Friday of each month
- “Second Tuesdays” are free monthly interactive discussions with a panel of our author friends, on the Second Tuesday of each month. Each month has a different topic for discussion.
Registration Now Open!!!
- Writing for Your Life Online Mega-Conference! – June 22 – 26 and June 29 – July 3 – all online!
- The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – Online Course – July 21-24 – online
- Publishing in Color Milwaukee – rescheduled to October 10, 2020
- Pre-conference seminar rescheduled to October 9, 2020: The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – Milwaukee
- Cancelled: Publishing in Color New Jersey – June 1-2, 2020
- Cancelled: Post-conference seminars on June 3
Save the Date!!!
- Publishing in Color Nashville – November 12-13, 2020
- The Business of Being a Spiritual Writer – Nashville – November 14, 2020
To be notified about future Publishing in Color conferences please subscribe to the Publishing in Color email newsletter: https://publishingincolor.com/subscribe/
Here is a list of the past conferences we’ve produced or co-produced.
Publishing in Color has established a scholarship fund that will pay for selected individuals to attend a future Publishing in Color conference at no charge. The fund is currently accepting donations, and profits from the Publishing in Color conferences will be donated to this fund or directly to sponsorships for future Publishing in Color conferences. All scholarships for upcoming conferences have now been allocated.
The Publishing in Color conference series is part of Writing for Your Life, a resource center for all spiritual writers. We also produce Writing for Your Life conferences, which feature more authors than Publishing in Color conferences and are more focused on the art and craft of writing, and less on getting published. Learn more about Writing for Your Life here. To be notified about future Writing for Your Life conferences please subscribe to the Writing for Your Life email newsletter: https://writingforyourlife.com/subscribe/